Thursday, January 12, 2006

Warmly welcome, Daniel Agger!

Since the transfer window in English football is open now I have been waiting for Liverpool FC to announce some major signings, and now things are happening. First out was Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp, and he was follwed today by Daniel Agger, the Danish central defender of Bröndby IF. I was very happy to hear that Daniel Agger has walked through the Shankly Gates for three reasons:
1. When I started supporting Liverpool FC we had a fantastic Danish player, Jan Mölby. That brings back memories of winning the league, something that has not happened in a looong time.
2. We badly need a good central defender since we are too dependent on the two really good ones we have, Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyppiä.
3. According to Liverpool Sweden, one part of the deal is that now Liverpool has to play a game with its best team against Bröndby. That will be in Denmark, right outside Copenhagen, very close to Sweden. Since one of my best Danish friends (Thomas) is a true Bröndby supporter I can just say: sorry we took Daniel from you, Thomas, but I will buy you a beer and a hot dog if you take me to the game!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break this to you, but on this link I found on the Guardian - http://www.johan-juhuu.com/site/truppen/spiller.php?i=22 - Agger says that he is an Everton fan. My Danish is bad though, maybe I got mixed up...

16/1/06 16:49  
Blogger Eric Sundström said...

Gosh, you are right Matthew, did not know this!!! My only comfort is that Steve McManaman was an Everton fan as well, and he did quite well at Liverpool!

17/1/06 23:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home