Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Re-thinking about Europe

I just learnt that one of my favorite MEPs, Dan Jørgensen from Denmark, is about to release a book that he has edited (“Eurovisioner”). Mark Leonard, Ulrich Beck and Anthony Giddens are among the contributors and you will find more information here [in Danish].

According to the press release, the book has urged the contributing experts and academics to take firm positions, instead of just being neutral. Jørgensen himself puts forward 41 concrete proposals in order to stimulate the debate. Among his proposals you will find a European FBI, a European army, and a European president. Jørgensen also suggests that when we pay our taxes, the amount every individual contributes to the Union should be declared.

Sounds like a very interesting book to me. We will review in the newspaper I am now in charge of, and I will write about it here as well.

* * *

And of course: Go Sweden tonight!

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham Ó Maonaigh said...

Indeed... Go Sweden.

Let me know how Dan Jørgensen's book reads and when(if) a copy is released in English. Very interested

20/6/06 17:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Dan was the candidate of my local branch in DSU - it is actually a very interesting book, and very welcome in a stagnating Danish debate on EU issues.

21/6/06 01:25  
Blogger Eric Sundström said...

Graham, Peter: Got the book the other and will let you know as soon as I have time to read it! But Peter, you might be about to read it as well?!

28/6/06 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home