Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Matt Santos for President!

Just spent too much money on Amazon’s UK-site, but for all you European political nerds out there: it is now possible to pre-order season seven of the West Wing. And to all my friends in the US: don't laugh, but season six is just concluding here.

I think season six was the best one in a while and I am looking forward to following Matt Santos bid for the Presidency. Since I couldn't bear myself not to read an article about the last episode of the West Wing in the Washington Post earlier this year, I kind of know how it ends.

But that does not bother me, and don't read this if you don't want to know if Santos will win. I repeat, don't read this if you don't want to know if Santos will win, but do you expect Hollywood to hand over the Presidency to a Republican?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hollywood portrayed Vinick as a pretty moderate Republican. West Wing
showed a guy who is pro-choice, former governor of California, and more reasonable then the rest of the Republicans they painted over the years.

Your last paragraph states, hand it over to a Republican. With rhetorical innuendo Vinick simply follow the party line. While he is in a different party, the show treats the character development very well.

12/12/07 01:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home