Saturday, April 29, 2006

Catching up after a busy week

Because of developments at work (see below, and thanks for all your nice comments), last week was very busy. For example, I have not told you about a very good concert I went to in Stockholm. As expected, Tift Merrit was right up my alley: southern, folky country rock with more attitude and swing than I expected. And her voice is incredible live. [Review in Swedish here].

You can hear some songs on her webpage and on Lost Highway Records (a virtual goldmine with loads of good tunes online). Don’t miss the song “Good hearted man”.

I bought Tift’s new live album “Home is loud” after the concert and we spoke briefly about my favorite junk food restaurant in her home state of North Carolina: Waffle House.

The concert was held at the rock club Debaser in Stockholm, and I was glad to hear that Debaser will start running the larger club Mondo as well. To listen to country rock live and discuss Waffle House is sheer life quality.

1 Comments:

Blogger mike d said...

hey- congrats on the new job!

also, the Waffle House is a fine American institution, not limited to the state of North Carolina. There's one just down the street from my borther's place in Williamsburg, Va.

29/4/06 19:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home