Wednesday, November 29, 2006

FES, Moneybrother and football

Went to a reception yesterday in order to celebrate that the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung is opening up a Nordic office in Stockholm. In short, the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung is a mix of Olof Palmes International Center and a left of center think-tank (they were the ones who put out the recent study about rising poverty in Germany). I guess this means that we have yet another social democratic think-tank in Sweden now?!

* * *

I have heard two songs from Moneybrother’s new album in Swedish so far, and they are both great. The interview last Thursday (SVT Gomorron Sverige) was hilarious, and the version of Tom Waits’ Downtown Train is pure magic. Last possibility to watch the clip from SVT today [click on Thursday’s show].

* * *

When I moved to the US in 2001 I did not understand why people cared about College Football. Now I understand, thanks to all the Notre Dame-games I was forced to watch, and if you are still in doubt, watch this play.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Myrtles Adventures said...

Hello mate, nice post

13/8/23 23:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home