Monday, July 02, 2007

Swedish ”week of politics” coming up

One of the weirdest things in Swedish politics starts on Sunday: The week when almost all politicians, journalists, consultants etc etc gather on the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea (this week is known as ”Almedalsveckan”).

The pretext is the 462 seminars that will be held, but the most important thing to do is to hang around and meet other ”important people”. Even a guy like me have mixed feelings this year, it is a lot of fun but also… too much.

Anyway, on Monday (when Social Democratic Party leader Mona Sahlin speaks at 7 PM) we will distribute a somewhat special edition of Aktuellt i Politiken, and I just compiled a little overview of social democratic leaning seminars and other important events. It is by no means complete but you can check it out here.

And by the way: None of the companies and organizations that have sent ”personal” invitations and information to my home address (a.k.a my litte flat in central Stockholm) made it to the list... But it is somewhat impressive that they try.

* * *

While completing the list, I listened to stuff on YouTube (surprise). And don’t miss the clips from a fantastic Damien Rice concert at Four Seasons. Songs like Delicate; I remember; The blower’s daughter; Cold water; Volcano; and Lonely soldier in wonderful versions. And my favorite; Cannonball. ”It is still a little bit of your taste in my mouth...”.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna, Fair and True said...

Jag ska faktiskt till Almedalen för första gången!

3/7/07 07:51  
Blogger Eric Sundström said...

Då ses vi på Donners Brunn, I guess...

3/7/07 08:32  
Blogger Anna, Fair and True said...

Ja, precis!

4/7/07 19:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home