Monday, June 04, 2007

Pimm’s No 1 (Swedish lemonade)

Had a great weekend, hanging out with some of my ”civilian” friends (i.e. people I did not meet in the social democratic movement). We started Friday evening with a bhoys dinner and my job was to provide a nice drink before the first dish.

Since the weather is picking up, I wanted to serve one of my favorite drinks, Pimm’s No 1. But I ran into one problem; according to the original British recipe, one should mix the bottle of Pimm’s with three parts chilled ”lemonade”. But what do you buy in a Swedish supermarket when you are looking for ”lemonade”?

I ended up buying both Ginger Ale and Sprite, so I made two carafes, just to compare the two. And most of us thought that the carafe with Ginger Ale was much better. So when Swedish people google ”Pimm’s”, I hope this could be of some help. And don’t forget that it is totally OK to sharpen it all it up with some extra gin.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Arkedis said...

"Fancy some sex and Pimms while you're in London, mate?"

9/6/07 03:57  
Blogger Eric Sundström said...

That's one of the questions fired by Mr Will Shiled that just leaves you... without a quick answer. But DeTox, no one will understand this anyway.

11/6/07 17:58  
Blogger Anna, Fair and True said...

I usually take Sprite and 7Up, think it works pretty well!

11/6/07 22:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

här finns ett annat bra recept:
http://www.braxonfood.se/?p=1076#comments

/Helena

12/6/07 14:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home