Monday, May 28, 2007

Irish and Spanish Elections 2007

Ireland: Read Graham’s comments below and the Labour website. The latest from Irish Times [i.e. social democracy is not winning in Ireland yet]:
”A third coalition in a row between Fianna Fáil and the Progressive Democrats, supported by a group of Independents, has emerged as the favoured option of the Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern.”
Analysis à la The Economist here. Seems like Bertie managed to do what Göran Persson should have done [i.e. ”I am not tired and think of your wallet when you vote”].

Spain:
A very mixed result, here is a summary from the ”Spanish news site in English”, Typically Spanish. Does anyone know of a progressive (i.e. social democrat) Spanish blogger who writes in English?

* * *

Today was a grey and cold day in Stockholm, and it is Monday as well. After a cold bike ride to work, I found this YouTube clip: Jesse Malin and Bruce Springsteen singing ”Broken Radio”. Warmed me up a bit.

* * *

And this modern age is weird. As I post this my friend Henrik calls me – from a Jesse Malin concert – in Belgium! I think he got me a signed CD.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home